The museum and exhibition center opened in September 2010 inside a new basement of a legendary sculpture by Vera Mukhina – ‘Worker and Kolkhoz Woman’. The 24-meter sculpture of Worker and Kolkhoz Woman, a masterpiece of soviet and world modernism of the first half of XX century, was created using new technologies discovered by Russian metallographist, Professor P.N. Lvov.
Today the sculpture is placed on the basement-pavilion created under inspiration of Boris Iofan’s design for Paris exhibition 1937.
Our photographs hang on walls of the museum and show modern images of Iofan’s buildings in the city. For this project we spent many hours in the Municipal archive, determine whereabouts and current conditions of properties. Final pieces 1,5x2 meters are Archival-rated Crystal Archive Photographic prints.